The 1719 William Trent House Museum is owned and maintained by the City of Trenton and managed and operated by the Trent House Association. The House is a designated National Historic Landmark and is listed in both the State and National Registers of Historic Places.
Since the opening of the 1719 William Trent House Museum in 1936, volunteer groups supported the Museum's mission. Incorporated in 1957 and designated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit in 1975, the Trent House Association serves as the Museum's perpetual caretaker. The Association conducts programs, events, interpretive aids and exhibits as well as supporting ongoing research on the history of the Trent House and its residents and is committed to enhancing public knowledge and understanding of that history with our findings.